The Diesel Bug:
Cladisporium resinae (more commonly known as the Diesel Bug) is a microscopic fungus that is present in all fuel oils to varying degrees. It uses the hydrocarbons in the fuel as a food source and breathes dissolved oxygen from water (mainly through condensation) which is present in all fuel storage facilities.
Diesel Bug cells divide every 20 minutes and as the older fungi die, millions of their dead bodies accumulate into a slime which eventually floats up into the fuel from the bottom of the tank. This sludge then travels through the fuel system and into the engine. The adhesion of the slime narrows the fuel lines and rapidly clogs filters. It also produces the very corrosive hydrogen sulphide which travels through the fuel system, causing metal defects and pitting of the injectors and other components.
The Diesel Bug Solution:
Extreme Green Diesel Bug Killer is the complete solution to the problem. When added to fuel, Extreme Green Diesel Bug Killer totally absorbs the water from the fuel, thus breaking the chain in the environment in which the Diesel Bug can survive. Any fungi present will suffocate and die, their bodies dissolve into the treated fuel, pass through the filters and are harmlessly burnt off through the combustion process. The Diesel Bug cannot re-infest when Extreme Green Diesel Bug Killer is present in the fuel.
Extreme Green Diesel Bug Killer is a revolutionary concentrated Diesel Bug Killer that removes water from fuel, resulting in reduced maintenance costs.
- Improves fuel efficiency
- Reduces expensive downtime and maintenance issues
- No more blocked filters – effectively prolongs filter life
- Promotes smoother running
- Reduces harmful exhaust emissions and black smoke
- Cleans injectors and carburettors – removes gums, waxes, resins and acids
- Removes carbon build-up from combustion chambers, turbines and exhaust ports
- Will treat all fuels including petrol, diesel, two stroke, gas oil and heating oil
- Extremely economical
- Environmentally responsible – biodegradable
Suitable for all internal combustion engines including:
- Mining and Earthmoving vehicles
- Road haulage, Buses and Coaches
- Agricultural equipment
- Marine based engines
Point of Difference:
- Extreme Green Diesel Bug Killer may be used as an ongoing preventative method to eliminate sludge in fuel.
- Extreme Green Diesel Bug Killer does not contain hydrocarbons, acids or strong alkaline agents like most other fuel additives. Extreme Green Diesel Bug Killer is also non toxic and non flammable.
- Add Extreme Green Diesel Bug Killer to the fuel at an initial dose of 1:2000, with an ongoing dose of 1:4000 thereafter.
- Envirosafe recommends adding Extreme Green Diesel Bug Killer at the fuel storage facility to ensure premium quality fuel is added to vehicles and equipment.
- Indefinite when stored in a cool, dry, well ventilated location away from direct sunlight.
- 5 litres
- 10 litres
- 20 litres
- 205 litres
- 1000 litres
- Proudly 100% Australian Owned & Operated
- Sustainably powered premises
- 2% of all sales donated to Carbon Neutral to offset greenhouse gas emissions*(See our Carbon Footprint Policy Here)