Extreme Green Rust Converter is a water-based metal treatment that penetrates rusted surfaces, converting the rust to an organic matrix that can be safely painted, coated, galvanised or chromed without fear of rust re-appearing beneath the coating.
Extreme Green Rust Converter treats rust in pipelines and storage tanks and on vehicles and equipment.
- Extreme Green Rust Converter is ideal for treating reinforcing steel used in construction and for protecting plates, pipes, flanges, joints and structural members before installation.
- It is widely used on farms to protect metal sheds and buildings, to treat corrugated iron roofs and irrigation equipment.
- Ideal for use anywhere where you need to treat rust and paint over it .
- Reduces equipment downtime, maintenance/replacement costs
- Effective on wet and dry surfaces and in humid and damp conditions
- Chemically combines with rust to form a tough organic matrix that bonds to the metal surface, inhibiting further corrosion.
- Safe for users – does not contain any mineral acids, phosphates or solvents
- The organic matrix formed by Extreme Green Rust Converter is a stable, non-flammable compound.
- Metals treated with Extreme Green Rust Converter can be cut and welded without hazard to the operator.
- Environmentally responsible – non-hazardous and biodegradable
- Cost effective
- Extreme Green Rust Converter works exceptionally well on heavily rusted surfaces that are impractical to treat by conventional methods or in inaccessible locations.
Point of Difference:
- Extreme Green Rust Converter is safe for users as it does not contain any mineral acids, phosphates or solvents.
- Extreme Green Rust Converter is a practical alternative to shotblasting and sanding techniques as it does not strip metal surfaces.
- Remove loose rust and paint with a wire brush. Immediately before applying Extreme Green Rust Converter, use a high pressure water spray to remove surface contamination including chemicals, salt, oil, and grease.
- Allow any surplus water to drain.
- Envirosafe Solutions recommend diluting Extreme Green Rust Converter at a maximum rate of three parts Extreme Green Rust Converter to one part water. However, some users report successful results diluting Extreme Green Rust Converter with an equal volume of water.
- For best results, only dilute with clean potable water.
- Apply Extreme Green Rust Converter using a brush, roller, spray or dip tank.
- Surfaces treated with Extreme Green Rust Converter are fully converted when the surface turns blue/black – usually 6 to 24 hours after application.
- Wash treated surfaces with water and allow to dry thoroughly before painting, coating or applying galvanised or chrome finishes.
- For heavily rusted surfaces use a two-stage treatment:
- 1) Apply Extreme Green Rust Converter diluted with an equal volume of water to the prepared surface.
- 2) After 30 – 60 minutes apply a second coat of undiluted Extreme Green Rust Converter and wait 12 – 24 hours for curing.
- Minimum of 24 months. Indefinite when stored in a cool, dry, well ventilated location away from direct sunlight.
- 5 litres
- 10 litres
- 20 litres
- 205 litres
- 1000 litres
For more information on our rating system – click on the image below
- Proudly 100% Australian Owned & Operated
- Sustainably powered premises
- 2% of all sales donated to Carbon Neutral to offset greenhouse gas emissions*(See our Carbon Footprint Policy Here)