Extreme Green Rust Converter is a water-based metal treatment that penetrates rusted surfaces, converting the rust to an organic matrix that can be safely painted, coated, galvanised or chromed without fear of rust re-appearing beneath the coating.
Extreme Green Rust Converter treats rust in pipelines and storage tanks and on vehicles and equipment.
- Extreme Green Rust Converter is ideal for treating reinforcing steel used in construction and for protecting plates, pipes, flanges, joints and structural members before installation.
- It is widely used on farms to protect metal sheds and buildings, to treat corrugated iron roofs and irrigation equipment.
- Ideal for use anywhere where you need to treat rust and paint over it .
- Reduces equipment downtime, maintenance/replacement costs
- Effective on wet and dry surfaces and in humid and damp conditions
- Chemically combines with rust to form a tough organic matrix that bonds to the metal surface, inhibiting further corrosion.
- Safe for users – does not contain any mineral acids, phosphates or solvents
- The organic matrix formed by Extreme Green Rust Converter is a stable, non-flammable compound.
- Metals treated with Extreme Green Rust Converter can be cut and welded without hazard to the operator.
- Environmentally responsible – non-hazardous and biodegradable
- Cost effective
- Extreme Green Rust Converter works exceptionally well on heavily rusted surfaces that are impractical to treat by conventional methods or in inaccessible locations.
Point of Difference:
- Extreme Green Rust Converter is safe for users as it does not contain any mineral acids, phosphates or solvents.
- Extreme Green Rust Converter is a practical alternative to shotblasting and sanding techniques as it does not strip metal surfaces.
- Clean loose or flaky rust with a wire brush. Clean off surface contamination including chemical, salt, oil and grease with a high pressure water spray.
- Immediately before applying Extreme Green Rust Converter, wet the prepared surface with a fine spray of clean water and allow any surface water to drain away.
- Then Apply undiluted Extreme Green Rust Converter using a brush, roller or conventional airless spray.
- Allow treated surface to cure 12-12hr.
For Heavily rust surfaces use two stage treatment.
Stage 2 Treatment
- Apply Extreme Green Rust Converter diluted with equal volume of water to the prepared surface.
- After 30-60 mins apply a second coat of undiluted Extreme Green Rust Converter and wait 12-24 hrs for curing.
Remove all excess black residual dust from treated surface with water and allow to dry thoroughly before sealing or painting. This will prevent “bleed through”.
- Apply Extreme Green Rust Converter using a brush, roller, spray or dip tank.
- Surfaces treated with Extreme Green Rust Converter are fully converted when the surface turns blue/black – usually 12 to 24 hours after application.
- Wash treated surfaces with water and allow to dry thoroughly before painting, coating or applying galvanised or chrome finishes.
- Minimum of 24 months when stored in a cool, dry, well ventilated location away from direct sunlight.
- 5 litres
- 10 litres
- 20 litres
- 205 litres (By Request)
- 1000 litres (By Request)
For more information on our rating system – click on the image below
- Proudly 100% Australian Owned & Operated
- Sustainably powered premises
- See our Carbon Footprint Policy Here